My photo
Pixie Hollow, Neverland
This blog existed originally as a project for my Journalism class as a Communications neophyte. But I decided to continue it still because I do love what I do, and I can't just leave this blog to rot. So far, I've got 2 blogs. The first one is a really bad version of a college-survival blog. And the second is a more personal blog dedicated to venting out the many debates that go on in my Egyptian head.

22 Feb 2012

Wicked Oreos: Sweet & Easy

It's difficult being on a budget and sometimes it can get really annoying specially when the cravings come in. Aside from this, we don't really have much time to bake cheesecakes (took my 2 hours the first time) or pies. But as I came here, I was introduced to this lovely recipe that requires merely 3 ingredients and less than 5 minutes of prep time + cooking. In addition, I can't quite imagine someone who doesn't quite enjoy the classic pancake breakfast, oreos, and especially ice cream so putting it together just makes this recipe even better.

Here's what you'll need:


1. Pancake mix (preferably the fluffy kind). Or if you prefer making your own mix,  go ahead. Either would work.
2. Oreos. Getting the double layered one would make it extra tasty.
3. (optional) Ice cream. Personally, I feel Vanilla is best because I like to keep it simple, but you can go with whatever you prefer.
Of course you will also need the essential oil, water and other ingredients needed to prepare the pancake (I use a brand called Maya as all you need to add is water)

Steps:

  1. Prepare your pancake mix. If you decided to make your own pancake mix, you can click on this link for a video of a simple recipe. 
  2. Dip your oreos in the batter and make sure they are coated well on both sides.
  3. Deep fry the oreos and flip until both sides are golden brown.
  4. (optional) Add a scoop (or two) of ice cream on top and voilĂ ! 

Straight off my plate, this was my breakfast sometime last year when we became quite addicted to this easy recipe. 
I hope you all enjoy this easy recipe and if you try it, tell me how it turns out! Stay tuned for more easy recipes just like this.

4 comments:

  1. also try adding some crushed oreos to the vanilla ice cream. some would consider that as oreo overkill though. haha.

    you could also try serving it with brownie bits and fudge syrup for ze ultimate wicked chocoreo. \o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'll try that someday. There's never such thing as an oreo overkill. ;)

      Shukran for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. hey aj, love the versatility of your blog.
    do you make the batter from scratch?
    buttermilk + vanilla extract adds that extra 'oomph' to your batter. :D

    ReplyDelete