My photo
Pixie Hollow, Neverland
This blog existed originally as a project for my Journalism class as a Communications neophyte. But I decided to continue it still because I do love what I do, and I can't just leave this blog to rot. So far, I've got 2 blogs. The first one is a really bad version of a college-survival blog. And the second is a more personal blog dedicated to venting out the many debates that go on in my Egyptian head.

24 Feb 2012

Wall DIY Decor

Let's all be very honest, we all wish to have our rooms/dorms to look like this or this or even this (okay, I really do love the latter) but we just lack the time, patience, and resources (why must it be sooo hard to budget? It always looked so simple for our parents..) to even go halfway through. We want this new room to somehow reflect our personality, so when people walk in they acknowledge what sort of individuals we are. Buuuuut that's not quite the case. We move in, make an effort to set up our belongings and assure ourselves that we will continue soon. But with the projects piling up and the deadlines coming up, you forget to.. what was it again?

So here I am, with a simple solution for that empty space on your wall. If you are the type who owns quite a few hats, this would be perfect for you. It would take but a few items to assemble and most likely half an hour (or less, actually) from your Saturday morning.

Right, so these are the items you will need:
1. Hats
2. Clothes Pins
3. Adhesive tape (removable)

Try to get the adhesive tape to be the same length & width as the clothes pins. You may work with the traditional wooden pins but if you feel rather funky (did I just use that word?), go ahead and get the coloured ones. If you're extra originative, you can design them as well.

Steps:
1. Gather all the hats and from now & try to arrange them in the manner you'd like them put up on your wall. In time, the arrangement may change, but it's good to have a head start.
2. Cut out the adhesive tape to fit perfectly behind the back of the clothes pin and stick it.
3. Clip the pin onto the hat and stick the pin on the wall, where the hat best fits. Do this until all your hats are displayed.

And that's about it! What makes this project great is that the pins and adhesive tapes are removable, so there's no permanent damage caused (many decorations and plans do have permanent damage). What makes it even better is that it can work for girls and guys. And, what makes it even much more better (I need to work on my choice of words), it can work with a whole lot of things. If you're not a hat person, try photos, little cardboard cut-outs, recipes, and anything lightweight! Be creative, young mammals! Not only is this functional, it's also a wonderful piece of art. Made by yours truly.

Tell me if you get to do this project and I'd be more than thrilled to see a picture of your final work.

Thank you, Elsie Larson.

No comments:

Post a Comment