My photo
Pixie Hollow, Neverland
This blog existed originally as a project for my Journalism class as a Communications neophyte. But I decided to continue it still because I do love what I do, and I can't just leave this blog to rot. So far, I've got 2 blogs. The first one is a really bad version of a college-survival blog. And the second is a more personal blog dedicated to venting out the many debates that go on in my Egyptian head.

22 Feb 2012

And so He said: Let there be online blogging

Dearest (possible) readers,

This is the commencement of what I hope would be a successful blog that would perchance award me an A+ for my Introduction to Print Media & Journalism class.

It took me a while to decide on what to blog about. As an unmistakable rookie in the world of journalism, I had to pick a certain theme to blog about whilst (I do realize quite a lot of you lot rarely see or use that word but I find that it manifests a sort of beauty that is lacking in the current spoken English so leave me to it) applying the rules of journalism that I have acquainted myself with. I am rather fond of writing but I am aware as well that I may not be blessed with the talents of Shakespeare or Jane Austen.. or merely Sarah Kay (If you don't know her, I advice you watch this video and acquaint yourself with her. She is of awe-inspiring talent & I admire her greatly), but I reckon I'm a youthful damsel who has years ahead to learn and succeed. As I was saying earlier, it took me quite some time to figure out what theme I'd like this blog to portray. Food was my primary choice (you will later discover my great passion for food) but I wasn't quite sure what about food I would write. I had at least 7 different matters on my list that I ended up crossing out before arriving at a decision.

So as the heading somewhere in this blog already says, this blog is somehow a how-to-survive-in-a-new-place kind of blog + a bit of this and that. Expect to read about:
  • The good places I go to here that are budget-friendly & how you can find a place of your own just like these
  • DIY crafts that may (or may not) be useful for you
  • Reviews/promotion of books, music, movies (maybe. I'm not the best movie critic, really), films, and other works of art
  • Easy recipes you could do at home
  • (Useful) tips on surviving on your own (*note: it may not be useful per se, but possibly something worth knowing anyhow)
  • My stand on issues (I am a debater, take note) + excerpts from a book I am currently reading and loving SuperFreakonomics
  • My original articles about news stories I find interesting (because we all need to know what's going on around us)
aaaand possibly a few more subjects that may appeal to me later on as this blog progresses. I look forward to filling this up, writing my thoughts and having you all (If I ever gain followers) read as I advance as a young and very much raw journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment